Are you replacing your present kitchen sink? If you are renovating your kitchen or building it up from the scratch, then you need to know that sink is one of the most important elements of kitchen. Water, as we all know, is essential for cooking, drinking, cleaning and washing. So, having the right type of sink in your kitchen is very important. Are thinking about you can install what type of kitchen sink in Phoenix? Then you are at the right place.
Choosing the right type of kitchen sink
Here are some of the information that you need to consider when it comes to choosing and installing the right sink in your kitchen:
- Selecting the perfect material
The first and the most important thing that you have to consider is the material. There are different materials that you can consider for your kitchen sink. The most popular ones among them are – stainless steel, fireclay, stone and copper.
- Stainless steel is a great choice which is highly affordable and is also quite easy to clean or maintain.
- Fireclay material, on the other hand, can be a bit expensive but is highly durable. It is easy to clean and comes with a long lifespan.
- Stones are highly heat-resistance in nature and are quite durable. But the price tag is quite heavy.
- Copper is a very expensive option and also comes with antimicrobial properties. It has a beautiful finish.
- Selecting the right mount
When it comes to the kitchen sink, the two most popular types of mounting are top-mount and under-mount. Besides that there are some more options like dual mount and farmhouse mount. The top-mount is also called as drop-in sink which is quite popular in most of the houses.
- Top-mount or drop-in sink has a finished edge or rim which is installed on the top of your kitchen’s countertop.
- The under-mount sinks are installed into a pre-cut hole in your kitchen countertop. Since they are installed under the counter, they are called so.
- Farmhouse sink is also quite popular that can extend over the edge of the countertop. This is used mainly in tradition kitchen designs.
- Single or Double bowl sink
The next decision that you have to take is whether you need a single-bowl sink or a double-bowl sink. Based on what your needs are, you can choose this one. The single-bowl is the usual type of sink that comes with one basin where you can wash your dish. The double-bowl sinks come with two separate basins in one sink. Here the two bowls can be used for different purposes and this is a much convenient option.
These are the three main important factors that you have to consider when you are choosing a kitchen sink. If you are looking for a perfect sink in your modern or contemporary designed house in Phoenix, then fireclay or stainless steel sink will go perfectly fine with it. But if you are looking for a sink to match your traditionally styled kitchen, then stone or copper finish will look great.
Arizona Granite Boneyard Also Offers Following Services :
Arizona Granite Boneyard Address: 1035 E Curry Rd Suite A-1Tempe, Arizona Phone: 480-378-3778