It is imperative for you to depend on a hemodiafiltration machine for filtering your blood irrespective of whether you perform in-center hemodialysis or home hemodialysis. Your blood will be filtered by the device by means of a dialyzer which comes with inbuilt safety checks to make certain that the procedure is risk-free as well as effective. In spite of being quite similar in functionality with the in-center machines, a home hemodiafiltration machine will be much more compact in size.
What is performed by a hemodiafiltration machine?
In the following paragraphs, we have mentioned the basic overview of the functions of a hemodiafiltration machine.
- A couple of tubes are going to be connected by means of your hemodialysis access. The blood is going to flow into the machine from your body via one particular tube.
- In case blood thinner has been prescribed by your physician, it is going to be added so as to prevent blood clotting while it is within the machine.
- A pump as well as a pressure monitor will be functioning simultaneously for maintaining the proper flow.
- The blood is going to enter the dialyzer for filtration.
- The dialysate solution which gets into the dialyzer is responsible for removing the waste from the blood.
- Following this, the used solution will be discarded after it is pumped out from the machine.
- The blood will be going through one more pressure monitor as well as an air trap to ensure that it can return to your body safely.
- The cleaned blood is going to get back to your system by means of the second tube.
What do you mean by dialysate?
Dialysate happens to be a fluid consisting of electrolytes, water, as well as salts. Dialysate aids in cleaning the blood within the dialyzer at the time of the dialysis by balancing the electrolytes and also getting rid of waste products. The appropriate dialysate will be referred to you by your nephrologist.
What is being done by a dialyzer?
A dialyzer happens to be a component within the hemodiafiltration machine.
- The dialyzer’s core consists of numerous small mesh tubes.
- The dialysate is going to stay outside the tubes while the blood enters each tube.
- The tubes come with tiny pores which allow the excess fluids and waste products to pass into the dialysate from the blood.
- The cleaned blood is going to return to your system after leaving the dialyzer.
How my dialysis treatment is going to be monitored?
Information will be shown in detail on the monitoring screen of the machine at the time of the dialysis session. Every single function such as blood pressure, pump speed, and so on will be monitored. Every single check has been designed to ensure that the dialysis session is effective and risk-free.
In case anything requires attention, a notification will sound. If you are performing hemodialysis at your own residence, you will receive training on what should be done when any alert is going to sound. In case you have any queries, you will also be able to call your nurse 24 hours a day.
Nephros Inc. Also Offers Following Services :
Phone: (201) 343-5202